BrewVino Roast – a True Farm-to-Table Experience!
By now you have heard about our BrewVino Roast through our Facebook page, an episode featured on the Cooking Channel, or even word of mouth from an attendee that told you they got their tickets and you shouldn’t wait much longer. BrewVino is only a month away and with less than half of the tickets left for this year’s event, time is no longer on your side!
Maybe you’ve seen all the posts and the episodes on television, yet you need one more reason you should come to this year’s BrewVino Roast. Well, that’s exactly why we are going to give you “5 Reasons You Should Attend our 2018 BrewVino!” If you’ve already bought your tickets, then think of this list as the “5 Reasons You Should Be Excited to Attend our 2018 BrewVino!”
- Wine! After all, what’s an event at a winery without wine? Not only do we have our typical wine selection, but we’ll also have a vintage wine tasting offered in our century year old tunnels. Some of the wines you’ll find waiting for you include our 2014 Alexander Valley Merlot, 2011 Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 BrewVino Red (which we will talk about more in just a little bit) and our 2014 Extended Barrel Aged Kirsche. These wines and others on this list aren’t available for purchase just any normal day. After BrewVino, the wine left over will be hidden away until our winemakers decide when to bring them back out.
- Jumping off of our first point, our 2018 BrewVino Roast Red has taken a step up from past years. You can tell by the smile on our winemakers’ faces that they are proud of this year’s vintage. If you are a fan of our Calistoga Cabernet, this wine is right up your alley! It’s a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Old Vine Zinfandel and Petite Sirah. To match the exquisite wine inside the bottle, the label is a decadent maple veneer label with a black foil stamp.
- Everyone loves a little feel good aspect. This year we’ve decided to come together with the Wolf Den organization at the Algoma High School. The Wolf Den is similar to the Big Brothers Big Sisters program, however it’s for our community. Each child will get a mentor and will participate in after school activities. They will also be fed supper by various organizations in the community. A donation after the event will be donated to the Wolf Den to assist with future funding such as providing items for their meals.
- A true Farm-to-Table experience, that’s exactly what you’ll get! This steer was raised on Ahnapee Brewery spent grains on the Bryersquart Family Farm in Forestville. Prior to the roast, the whole steer is bathed in a von Stiehl cherry wine marinade. This is not an amateur production either — for starters, the steer is processed by Otto’s Meats in Luxemburg. After, von Stiehl’s winemaker, Aric Schmiling, will prepare the special cherry wine marinade. Then, the full carcass is marinated for 24 hours before it’s laid over a hot fire at 2 am on the day of the event, with a serving time somewhere between noon and 2 pm, or when our experts deem it ready.
- Tickets are selling fast and you’ll regret not getting your tickets fast enough after listening to your friends talking about how much fun they had! Time is not on your side. Now that the event is drawing closer, the phone calls are coming in, ticket sales are booming and attendees keep calling back to get more tickets for their groups. This year we are capping our attendance to 750 lucky individuals. If you are thinking about how fun this event is, there hasn’t been a better time to get your tickets then now, in order to secure your spot at this event.
Ready to buy your tickets? Click here to order online or give us a call at 920-487-5208!
If you still need more reasons, or further information about our 2018 BrewVino Steer Roast, click here.