Did you know that Cheesecake is one of our favorite treats to pair with our Blueberry wine? Taking a sip of wine after a bite of cheesecake taste as if it was topped with blueberries.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
(9-10 crushed whole crakers)
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
5 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon (1/3 cup) melted butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups (2 large packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Select a 9″ pie pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Create your crust. Stir together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until they are thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, make a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides.
- Make the filling. Mix together the room-temperature cream cheese and sugar until they are smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla, again mixing until the mixture is smooth. To avoid beating in too much air in the batter, use a mixer set at low-medium speed. Avoid lumps by making sure the cream cheese is softened, and/or at room temperature.
- Set the pie pan onto a baking sheet, this makes it easier to transport in and out of the oven and protects the bottom of the crust from potentially scorching. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place the cheesecake into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then add a crust shield; or shield the crust with strips of aluminum foil. Then bake for an additional 10 minutes. The filling won’t look entirely set in the center, so use a digital thermometer and insert it about 1″ from the edge. The thermometer should read between 165°F and 170°F.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool. Once the cake is cool, cover it and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- Serve cheesecake wedges with von Stiehl Blueberry wine to make your tastebuds dance. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.