We are always on the lookout for great people!
Since 1967, von Stiehl Winery has been creating award winning wines. A company focused on growth, we are looking for some amazing individuals to join our team!
We are a company with a culture focused on providing the best possible experience to our customers – while having an absolute blast!
We would love it if you would consider joining our team of 45+ employees!
Our company manufactures and sells products within our wineries and across the state, as well as shipping directly to consumers to more than 30 states.
You can find our wines in: Grocery stores, premium restaurants, premium wine shops, in our own wine / retail stores in addition to here on our website. Our employees fill a number of needs in our tasting room, wine production and fulfillment, client sales, e-commerce management/development and marketing!
If there is an open position, you can view it below. If there is no position listed – we would still love to hear from you! Just send your resume to Patti Seidl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering us!
von Stiehl Winery Assistant Winery Manager
von Stiehl Winery is a winery located in Algoma, Wisconsin and is a sister winery to Captain’s Walk Winery located in Green Bay, WI. In operation since 1967, von Stiehl is the oldest winery in Wisconsin, maintains the oldest vineyard in Door County, WI and is one of the top 3 largest wineries in the state of Wisconsin. von Stiehl truly sets the standard when it comes to quality of wines produced in the state and region.
What sets our winery apart is the fact that we strive to be ‘wine experts’ to our guests and support them in their ongoing growth in wine culture.
Assistant Winery Manager
This position reports directly to the Winery Manager at von Stiehl Winery
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Have retail or hospitality management experience
- Have a true appreciation for exceptional wines
- Show a proven, successful sales experience in a wine or hospitality setting
- Supports the winery manager by being their backup – when they are not at the winery
- Assist the winery manager in all aspects in managing the winery from:
- Growing and managing our club programs
- Supporting staff, encouraging a positive atmosphere
- Working shifts in the tasting room
- Training staff, mentoring staff in proper sales wording and techniques
- Assisting in the scheduling
- Efficiently and accurately conducting opening and closing procedures, including doing bank deposits and change orders as needed
- Assisting in ordering, entering in the computer, and pricing of merchandise
- Assisting the Corporate Events Manager and Winery Manager with organizing and managing events
- Helping to create monthly specials for club members and general customers
- Management of staff when the Winery Manager is absent
- Assist in keeping the winery and grounds clean and in good condition
- Responsible for contacting customers with future events scheduled at the winery, confirming the date and details
- Plus, any additional duties as assigned by winery or executive management
Skills to Be Successful
In order to be successful in this role you must:
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Docs
- Have a strong working knowledge of and a true appreciation for exceptional wine
- Have the ability to work with staff – and motivate staff – to achieve success
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and expect a ‘high level’ of quality in all aspects of the role
- Be a skilled problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
In return for your experience this position offers the following:
- This is a salaried position with compensation based on experience
- This position requires weekend work, however, the manager and assistant manager will coordinate weekends off on a regular basis
- This position is eligible for a performance bonus
- 401k retirement plan eligible after 6 months of employment and includes employer match
- Includes Paid Time Off
- Includes holiday time off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter
- Eligible for health insurance with employer support
- Full time employees receive discounts on wine / merchandise
To be apply for this position, please email your resume to Patti at email@example.com.