Turn your holiday meal leftovers into an easy dish that you can enjoy any time and pairs great with von Stiehl Cranberry Wine. Each bottle of Cranberry wine is jam-packed with cranberries. In fact, if you like dry red wines, you need to give this one a try, you might be surprised at how much you enjoy it. The cranberries in this wine come to us from Wisconsin Rapids and are hot-pressed to extract the most color and flavor. The cranberry juice is then fermented in stainless steel to create a more intense, tart, but balanced wine. This is why von Stiehl Cranberry wine is a special treat with your holiday meals and leftovers.
- 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup firm red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Sandwich
- 6 large croissants
- green leaf lettuce
- Combine the chicken (or turkey), celery, grapes and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until smooth. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the chicken and stir until it is all coated.
- To serve the sandwich, cut the croissants in half and place a leaf of lettuce on the bottom half. Top with the chicken salad mixture and place the top half of the croissant on the top.
- Enjoy with a glass of von Stiehl Cranberry wine.