- 1 – 28 oz can of peeled whole tomatoes
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 5 closed minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- Place opened can of whole tomatoes into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add in the onions and saute for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 more minute.
- Pour the tomato puree into the skillet, season with salt, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the skillet is simmering, cook spaghetti noodles in boiling salted water as the package directs, and drain.
- Add pasta to the sauce in the skillet and toss to coat. Add in butter and parmesan and toss until the butter has melted.
- Serve hot, top with basil, and a glass of von Stiehl Dolcetto red wine.